Description of feasting: From sumptuous platters of exciting dishes to creative stations from grazing to oyster shucking. Our planners & chefs are experts at innovating unique ideas.
We are pioneers of the family style of eating. Opulent feasts that bring guests together. This is how people have always enjoyed food socially. At Free Range Chef we present our feasts elegantly and consider how the dishes will look together on the table and eat well as a complete dish.
With your guests comfortably seated we serve an abundance of food on decadent plates to each table. Guests can share in experiencing a range of foods and flavours. Sharing plates makes sure everyone gets exactly what they like and how much food they want plus creates a convivial atmosphere of celebration as people sit together to share a meal.
A SAMPLE OF OUR SHARING FEAST DISHES
FROM THE LAND
• Slow cooked lamb shoulder with roast garlic and rosemary GF DF
• Lamb cutlets with fresh rosemary, garlic and olive oil served on herb tabbouleh salad
• Roasted free-range chicken Maryland’s with Tarragon and grilled lemon GF DF
• Asian and orange spiced farm free-range pork shoulder with crackling and apple pepper chutney GF
• BBQ grilled Market fish with fresh herbs and lemon pepper
• Prime eye fillet beef medallions wrapped in smoky pancetta with caramelised onion and chilli jam
• Rare BBQ beef Skirt steak sliced thinly and served with chimichurri (GF)
VEGETARIAN OR VEGAN
• Louis Viola Gratin- mushroom tarragon ricotta and spinach stuffed pasta, with Neapolitan sauce topped with white sauce topped with cheese and olive Pangritata (V)
• Baked Polenta and roasted root vegetable stack with crumbled goat cheese (GF) (V)
• Potato gnocchi with roast cauliflower, truffle, spinach and parmesan (GF) (V)
• Caponata - traditional braised eggplant with oregano and capers. (GF) (VE)
• Barbecued Eggplant Steak with Tamarind, teriyaki and chilli oil (GF) (VE) (can be used as a side)
• Veggie feijoada with sweet potato & kidney beans - a classic Brazilian dish with sweet peppers, coriander and smoked Paprika- (GF) (VE)
Disclaimer: If you or your guests have any specific dietary requirements please do let us know as we can cater for all food allergies and needs. All dishes listed are subject to produce availability and seasonality.LET US SEND YOU A QUOTE